Pesticide and SPI Licensing

What do you need today?


For more information, call toll-free: (877) 301-4555 or email

License Search

Search for licensees or companies by name, license number, or other company information.


Renew your license online or by mail. Make sure your license qualifies for renewal.

Obtain your Pesticide or SPI License

Learn more about license-specific requirements and how to prepare for and take license exams.

Preparing for and Taking Exams

Reciprocal Pesticide Licensing

Commercial Applicators and SPIs


Learn more about the pesticide licensing program administered by WSDA.

Pesticide and Pest Inspector Licensing Fact Sheet [PDF]
Find information on Federal and State pesticide laws and rules impacting pesticide use in Washington State. 

Washington Pesticide Laws and Related Regulations Handbook [PDF]

If you lose your plastic card, you may request a duplicate by emailing Pesticide Licensing staff at with your request. Include your name, license number, phone number, and the address where you would like the license sent. Allow 2-4 weeks for the card to arrive.

Please be aware that there may be a cost to replace your plastic card in the future.

Report changes such as name, address, phone number, and company information at

Commercial Applicators - Pesticide law requires Commercial Applicators to report any changes to their previously provided license information within 30 days. All changes except change of applicator may be provided on WSDA's Supplemental Commercial Applicator Pesticide License Application [PDF]. To complete a change of applicator, you must re-submit the Commercial Applicator License Application. Please contact Pesticide Licensing toll-free at (877) 301-4555 or by e-mail at to request the application information. To change or update insurance information, your agent must complete and return the Commercial Pesticide Applicators Financial Responsibility Insurance Certificate [PDF].

Pesticide dealer outlets - To report changes to a Pesticide Dealer addendum to a Master Business License, please contact Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service at (800) 451-7985 or go to their website

All other licensees - To report a name, address change, or other contact information change, please contact Pesticide Licensing toll-free at (877) 301-4555 or by e-mail at with the following information:

  • License number
  • Old license information
  • New license information.
Create license lists for Commercial Applicators, Private Applicators, and Structural Pest Inspectors based on multiple parameters at the License Lists page.
For businesses that distribute non-home and garden use pesticides, you must have a dealer license endorsement on your business license and a licensed pesticide dealer manager at the location. Find more inofrmation about requirements for these types of businesses.

Pesticide Distributor Information