Who must comply with the rules?
- Stores liquid bulk fertilizer in a single container of more than 500 gallons.
- Stores undivided quantities of dry bulk fertilizer of more than 50,000 pounds.
- Stores liquid bulk pesticide in a single container of more than 500 gallons.
- Stores undivided quantities of dry pesticides of more than 50,000 pounds
- Mixes or loads more than 300 gallons of liquid, 3,000 pounds of dry, or 1,500 pounds of pesticides as an active ingredient at one location within a calendar year.
Fertilizer Secondary Containment Training Material (Spokane, Jan. 5, 2018)Presentations
- Customer Formula Fertilizer, Department of Agriculture (PDF 299 KB)
- Finding De Minimis, Department of Ecology (PDF 218 KB)
- Fertilizer Secondary Containment, Department of Agriculture (PDF 32 MB)
- Spill Response, Department of Ecology (PDF 291 KB)
- Chemigation RuleWAC 16-202-1001
- Fertigation Rule WAC 16-202-2002
- Fertilizer Laws RCW 15.54
- Fertilizer Storage Rules WAC 16-201
- Mix Load Flow Chart (PDF 42 KB)
- Pesticide Storage Rule WAC 16-229
- Pesticide Secondary Containment Chart (PDF 58 KB)
- Bulk Pesticide Storage Tank Fact Sheet (PDF 253 KB)
- Secondary Containment Volume Calculator (not available at this time) - for assistance call Brent Perry at 509-533-2689