General Information About Reporting Fertilizer Tonnage
Reporting Fertilizer Tonnage
If you are a bulk fertilizer licensee or a fertilizer registrant you are required to submit a commercial fertilizer tonnage report. This report must be filed regardless of the amount distributed.If you distribute less than 100 tons in a 6 month period you can report annually by filling out the forms 4330 series. You must sign the affidavit on the form 4330.
Paying Inspection Fees
The last registrant or licensee to distribute to the end user is required to pay the inspection fee.
For more information and questions about reporting tonnage visit: Q & A Tonnage Reports and Inspection Fees.
Penalty for Late Tonnage Reports and Inspection Fees
Late Filing Fee: Any registrant or licensee who fails to file a complete report by the due date is required to pay a late fee of $25.
Late Inspection Fee: Any registrant or licensee who fails to pay the inspection fee by the due date is required to pay a late fee equal to 10% of the inspection fee owed or $25, whichever is greater.
Reporting Periods and Due Dates
Reports are mailed out on the following schedule:
- January - June: forms are mailed out by the second week of June.
- January - June tonnage reports are due in the office by July 31st.
- July - December: forms are mailed out by the second week of December.
- July - December reports are due in the office by January 31st.
- July - June: forms are mailed out by the second week of June.
- July - June tonnage reports are due in the office by July 31st.
It is your responsibility to report on time.
If you did not receive your tonnage report by the end of June or the end of December; you can find the forms online or contact the department at (509) 319-6243.